top of page

Setup Agile Business - Setup Federal Taxation

Updated: Oct 15, 2019

After the state has approved your business you will also need to register with the Federal Government and get an Employer Identification Number (EIN). This is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Businesses need an EIN. You get the EIN by applying online at IRS EIN Application. Surprisingly, this is a free service offered by the Internal Revenue Service and you can get your EIN immediately. I suppose the IRS wants to make it easy for you to pay taxes.


By Way of Context ...

You are looking at a part of a series of blog posts. The series looks like:

And remember, I am not an accountant. I am not a lawyer. You will want to get help from these experts and should defer to their opinion in the event that what you read on this page differs from their opinion.



bottom of page